The ASDocs documentation for the source code is available here.
Tutorials – on site
- Introducing Flint with a snow effect.
- This tutorial introduces the basic of Flint while creating a snowfall effect. Created by the author of the Flint library.
- Flash on the Beach 2008
- At Flash on the Beach 2008 I gave a presentation about Flint, describing its architecture and how to use and extend that architecture to create custom particle effects. These are the slides from that session.
Tutorials – off site
- Flint particles demo – Sparkling night.
- Developer talks through the various Flint effects he used to create a sparkling galaxy scene.
3 November 2012
- Particle effects with Flint Particles.
- A set of tutorials on creating up 2d particle effects with Flint.
9 April 2012
- Forever Blowing Bubbles With the FLiNT Particle Engine.
- Learn how to create a dynamic, bubbling photo displayer.
14 February 2011
- Dissecting Flint 2D Grass Example.
- Looking in detail at the grass example.
9 February 2011
- Tweening to a BitmapDataZone.
- Tweening particles from one BitmapDataZone to another.
22 December 2009
- Flinteroids: An Advanced Flint Tutorial
- Guides you through the process of creating custom Action/Initializer classes, using InitializerGroups to create different types of particles with a single Emitter, interacting with particles through keyboard input, and leveraging the advanced features of the Flint Particle System, all while creating an asteroids game.
18 December 2009
- A Visual Introduction to Flint
- A visual reference guide introducing 25 of the most commonly used Flint 2D actions with a brief description and an animated example.
11 December 2009
- Flint interactivity.
- Adding mouse interactivity to a particle system.
8 November 2009
- Getting started with Flint part 2.
- Part 2 of the getting started tutorial from Spacefish Blog.
6 November 2009
- Getting started with Flint.
- Setting up a simple particle system with Flint.
5 November 2009
- Integrating Flint particles with the Pushbutton Engine
- Explains how to integrate Flint with the Open Source PushButton Flash Game Engine.
4 November 2009
- Using the Flint Particle System with Adobe Flex
- Shows you how to use the Flint Particle System with Adobe Flex.
3 November 2009
- Create a Sparkling Bomb Mouse Cursor with Flint Particles
- Explains the basics of Flint while creating a sparkling bomb mouse cursor. Very detailed explainations.
26 October 2009
- Papervision 3D Programming Tutorial – Particle Systems with Flint
- Shows you how to use the Flint particle system together with Papervision to create some cool 3D Flash effects.
21 September 2009
- Away3D Programming Tutorial – Particles
- Learn how to integrate the Flint particle system with Away3D.
21 September 2009
- Reusing Flint examples for absolute beginners.
- This tutorial explains how to reuse and modify the examples available on this site. Created by Daniel K. Schneider.
21 October 2008
- Particle Effects with Flint
- Slides from my presentation about Flint at Flash on the Beach 2008.
30 September 2008
- Flint 2D Zones
- A set of images illustrating the different 2D zones in Flint.
27 March 2008
Tools – off site
- Flunk – Flint particles in Flash Punk
- Integrates Flint particles with the Flash Punk game engine.
- Particle Lab
- A particle effects editor with a node-based UI.
- FDT Templates for Flint
- A set of templates for FDT for quick creation of various Flint elements.
Read more about this project here.