Fork me on GitHub
Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorBob
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013

I have created a high performance next generation voxel engine in Flash 11.
    I love the flint particle system, and it make much more sense to use it rather then writing my own.
    It appears for Flint to work as I desire, I need to write a number of classes to interface my renderer to Flint.

So it appears I need to write acustom
    MyRenderer.as

and then add the initializers
    MyDisplayObjectClass
    MyDisplayerObjectClasses
    MyObjectClass
    MyObjectClasses
    then I see some other engines have different class, I guess I will have to live in system for a while to get a feel for what else I need.

Any pointers before I dive in?
    Anyone want to lend a hand?

bob
    • CommentAuthorRichard
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013

Hi Bob

Flint tries to separate different responsibilities. It is quite capable of handling 3d physics and other particle effects within its own code. To integrate with your engine it should just need to know how to render the resulting particles. That means one or more custom renderers, and initializers for setting the object used to display each particle. Hopefully you won't need anything else.

Richard
    • CommentAuthorfh9s89
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2013

"Can you tell me what fish net is made, Ann?"
    "A lot of little holes tied together with strings." replied the little girl.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Kids-Brand-Taurababe-2013-new-winter-autumn-kid-boy-thermal-front-button-cardigan-sweater-turn-down/109717_1215196032.html